Monday, October 22, 2007

Week 6: #13 Tagging makes the web 2.0 world go round

I don't do much research in my position now but in my former career I spent hours on the internet (especially Lexis Nexis) or at the library. I can definitely see how Del.icio.us could be helpful for research assistants.

At the present, I am particularly interested in the ability to retrieve favorite bookmarks from other locales. Both my husband and I have often found ourselves in other places at work or the home of family and friends and wished we'd been able to access our favorite bookmarks.

Unfortunately, when I signed up for my own account with Del.icio.us I had trouble with the tool bar. I couldn't get the yahoo toolbar to load or the quick tool bar for internet explorer. So, it is hard to tag and save without that. I'll spend more time on it later...for now on to Week 6 #14...still hoping to catch up.

No comments: