Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Week 9: #22 Downloadable Media

I had looked at the library digital site once just out of curiosity and thought it looked very interesting. Unfortunatley, I actually forgot about it since it is not my current practice to get books that way.

For this exercise, I found several books I wish I'd realized were downloadable. I requested several Thanksgiving and Christmas craft books and could have just downloaded the "All New Crafts for Thanksgiving" and "All New Christmas Crafts" by Kathy Ross.

I homeschool my daughter and several of the titles she has or will read this year are on the digital media site including Anne of Green Gables, Tales of Fourth Grade Nothing and Cricket in Times Square.

I found the library to have a much greater selection than Wowio. I also thought it was easier to use than both Wowia and Librivox. I did not compare exact selection titles. It would be nice if Wowio has some the library doesn't so I can take advantage of those as well.

Working at the library my 5 yr old son expects me to bring a book home every night. Now I can just hop on the computer and download one if I forget.

No comments: